• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

MRE spacer on clutch housing

mpfalcone24

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found an old engine and in the photos there is a spacer labeled MRE between the block and the clutch housing. Does anyone know what this is?

1980 DOHC for a custom

Attachments

• 6A24E6BA-0401-4B8A-ABE8-A685B30DE6EA.jpeg
    6A24E6BA-0401-4B8A-ABE8-A685B30DE6EA.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 122
I would stay away from that one. I know a guy that is selling one on EBAY right now and had many issues with it. He needed different carbs and decided to sell it since the timing chain continued to have issues. The extra clutches caused surges to the crank to exhaust timing and ends up with a heavy ticking of the chain to tensioner. Also it’s impossible to get new clutches for that setup.

I would stay away from that one. I know a guy that is selling one on EBAY right now and had many issues with it. He needed different carbs and decided to sell it since the timing chain continued to have issues. The extra clutches caused surges to the crank to exhaust timing and ends up with a heavy ticking of the chain to tensioner. Also it’s impossible to get new clutches for that setup.
I really appreciate the input! It’s on eBay so it must be the same guy!

I did some more digging and found a video of a guy that uses the MRE clutch. It’s a drag bike clutch. Engages at 2,500 RPM. Here is the link:

Back