• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Morning start

Troyite

CB750 Member
Reaction score
1977 CB750F When I try to start it in the morning (garaged overnight) the bike does not want to start. It takes me about 3-7 minutes trying to start (with or with out choke). Once she starts I have to hold the throttle at about 3000 rms for at least a minute before the bike will run properly.

Once she has started I have no trouble starting her at any time during the day or even if it sits outside for an 8 hour work shift - will start right up.

But like most of us she just does not want to get out of bed in the morning-

Any suggestions??????

check for fuel in the float bowls? Have spark? Tried small spray of starting fluid or carb clean see if it fires?

check for fuel in the float bowls? Have spark? Tried small spray of starting fluid or carb clean see if it fires?
Added Carb clean this afternoon- Just had the carbs cleaned and adjusted etc., by a "professional" will check bowls in the morning before work.
Think I ran out of starting fluid- New can to be purchased tomorrow as well - I am in no way a mechanic - but I will try all of these- Thank you

Back