• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Modern front suspension/brake bolt in upgrade question for 73 CB750K?

kyleinreallife

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey all! First of all, let me say that I DID search for this, and shockingly I couldn't find the info I need. So here I am asking. Be easy on me!

So I just bought a 73 CB750K, and am in the process of just updating things that I want to in order to make the bike perform as well as possible in all aspects (swing arm bearing conversion, K&N pod filters, exhaust, Dynatek conversion, etc). My other bike is a 2011 CBR600RR so I try to keep in mind that the 750 will never ride quite like that, but I do get the feeling that the stock ride leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Now that I have it running right, it's time to tackle brakes and suspension. I'd like it to handle and brake as well as possible, so that means upgrades up front. My only MUST is keeping a spoked front wheel. Now I've been TOLD that I can run the front end of a 77-78 750F supersport front end (Comstar wheel with dual discs) and get a 77-78 750K front wheel (spoked wheel with single disc) and bolt the supersport brakes onto the spoked K model wheel and everything will be sweet. But doing that, I'll still have non adjustable front suspension, and despite the additional brake set, I'll still have single piston calipers on each side.

So does anyone know of any bolt-right-on-and-everything-is-right-as-the-mail front end that gives me fully adjustable suspension, at least 2 (preferably 4) piston calipers on dual disks, and still able to use a spoked front wheel? Maybe something off of a newer street bike?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer guys! And if anyone has all the info, maybe that would be useful to others as a sticky somewhere?

my two cents but if i was looking to do what you are wanting,,i think i would just swap the whole front end from a newer street bike,. removing the neck from the old front end and replacing it to the newer forks. seems like it would be a lot simpler.

You talking like cutting the head tube off and welding in one from a newer bike? Or just taking the front end itself from one (ie from stem and triple clamps out)? Because that was my initial thought but I don't know how I would be able to keep a spoked front wheel that way.

remove the stem from your old hon lower triple tree and put in on the new triple tree. usually just a small dab of weld holds them on,,it can be cut and pressed out. you will need a front end from something close to the same size stem diameter or have a bushing made to adapt it if it is too far off. on sportbike front end wheels,maybe a spoked wheel would replace the mag or perhaps something from a metric v twin would have what you need in the whole package.

cb750.jpg
Hey all! First of all, let me say that I DID search for this, and shockingly I couldn't find the info I need. So here I am asking. Be easy on me!

So I just bought a 73 CB750K, and am in the process of just updating things that I want to in order to make the bike perform as well as possible in all aspects (swing arm bearing conversion, K&N pod filters, exhaust, Dynatek conversion, etc). My other bike is a 2011 CBR600RR so I try to keep in mind that the 750 will never ride quite like that, but I do get the feeling that the stock ride leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Now that I have it running right, it's time to tackle brakes and suspension. I'd like it to handle and brake as well as possible, so that means upgrades up front. My only MUST is keeping a spoked front wheel. Now I've been TOLD that I can run the front end of a 77-78 750F supersport front end (Comstar wheel with dual discs) and get a 77-78 750K front wheel (spoked wheel with single disc) and bolt the supersport brakes onto the spoked K model wheel and everything will be sweet. But doing that, I'll still have non adjustable front suspension, and despite the additional brake set, I'll still have single piston calipers on each side.

So does anyone know of any bolt-right-on-and-everything-is-right-as-the-mail front end that gives me fully adjustable suspension, at least 2 (preferably 4) piston calipers on dual disks, and still able to use a spoked front wheel? Maybe something off of a newer street bike?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer guys! And if anyone has all the info, maybe that would be useful to others as a sticky somewhere?
Just put a new front end on, Pressed out stem from the 750 and pressed into new triple tree, this required building up the bottom and then turning down on a lathe, as for the swing ar, still looking, let me know if ya find out any info

Back