• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Mirrors

Brandon

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Greetings all!

I purchased my dream bike this past November ('78 CB750K) in decent shape.
With the help of my friend (,neighbor & go to mechanic), it is running and looking pretty good minus a few cosmetic things.
One of them being the reason for this email. What have any of you found and suggest for mirrors? I want to stay close to stock styling, but want a good, durable pair that won't have the rubber break down in a year or two.
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Brandon

Someone here might have a decent set of stock ones. That's how I got mine.
All I can say about mirrors is that you get what you pay for. I've bought cheap mirrors before and have been very disappointed. The mirror not flat making the reflection distorted was annoying, but having them not hold their adjustment makes them useless.

Thanks grepper for the thoughts. I will look into fellow members having extras. I also saw some on the David Silver site, but wanted to see what people said.

I just got a 1976 cb750A and I am also looking for mirrors. A trusted friend has recommended I fork over the extra cash for genuine parts as opposed to replicas...I appreciate the info grepper!

I just bought some "cheap" mirrors off Ebay. They are actually VTX mirrors. They are convex but I like the wider view myself.

I haven't registered the bike yet this year but I'll add some feedback on them here after I spend some time on the road with them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331204767423?

They vibrate with wind speed pretty much useless after 50mph bought two different sets same issue. Greppers right, The stock units do not have that problem.

I've spent some time on the freeway with these mirrors now at speeds between 60 and 80mph and the mirrors stayed exactly where I put them.

They do vibrate with higher RPM not wind speed. So do my bars and my nut sack where it touches the seat because the vibration is from the engine when it's running over 4000 rpm.

Are you saying the stock mirrors are somehow isolated from this vibration?

I did not have a problem holding adjustment just distortion, I can tell there,s someone behind Me they just don,t give You a clear image .About the walnuts did not have a problem with those:)

Had one of these move yesterday (@just under 100) but, the lock nut came loose. So far they work fine.

Back