• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Mac exhaust question, has this used exhaust been modified??

Buicknick72

CB750 New member
Reaction score
So I picked up a set of pipes for a CB750 SOHC at a swap meet for a low $75. They fit perfect, and look good. They sounded great, but much too loud for my taste. I separated the slip on muffler from the pipes and found the muffler part is completely empty, no baffles at all. I can see on tab on the inside that appears to be bent, perhaps there was a baffle in there at one point? In the pipe section there was a removable baffle, but it's different from the few I've worked with in the past that can be wrapped in fiberglass. It doesn't appear to be made for wrapping in fiber glass packing, although it does look kinda possible. The metal edges that run down the length of the baffle are up against the inside edge of the pipe. Is anyone familiar with these pipes? Has the intended baffles been forceably removed from the mufflers and I'm out of luck trying to make these pipes reasonable volume? Or is the other baffle intended for fiberglass packing?
(If anyone wants great sounding, but loud pipes, let me know!)

IMG_2892.jpg
IMG_2893.jpg
IMG_2894.jpg
IMG_2895.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg

Back