• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Looking for gaskets for automatic fuel valve

Ghostxsn1per

CB750 Member
Reaction score
When disassembling the automatic fuel valve (16970-461-771) I found that the gaskets were weathered and broken. I've been scouring all the parts suppliers and had no luck on finding the gaskets only does anyone know where I can find just the gaskets?

Attachments

• 20220719_074544.jpg
    20220719_074544.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 20220719_074523.jpg
    20220719_074523.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 20220719_074556.jpg
    20220719_074556.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I understand you are not looking for help on disassembly and reassembly, but this video shows someone rebuilding the automatic fuel shutoff from a 1991 cb750 nighthawk. the parts appear to look similar, so it may be worth checking it out and seeing if the parts are compatible or if they look like they are the right size. worse case scenario, you can reroute your fuel line directly to the tee on the carburetor bypassing the automatic shutoff. you just need to cap off the vacuum port at the carburetor to ensure you do not have any vacuum leaks.

Like someone said it before in one of previous threads about engine running issues, eliminate that spawn of Satan! :D

Couldn't agree more. Get rid of it faster than a cheating girlfriend.
Gee, thanks. That brought back a memory from like 1976 that I could have done without. My best buddy is still married to her sister, so looks like he got the better end of the deal.

original post - over 1 year old - Then Op gives it a bump!!! WOW!!!

But always a BUTT!!! We have no idea what year CB750 or Nighthawk?? this part is for.... WOW!!

Guessing a 1979 to 1983 but did the op put it in the right group???

No such thing - "automatic fuel vale" maybe a auto shutoff to keep gravity from filling the crankcase because " I forgot to shut off the fuel"

Best solution is "eBay" buy the whole part.

original post - over 1 year old - Then Op gives it a bump!!! WOW!!!

But always a BUTT!!! We have no idea what year CB750 or Nighthawk?? this part is for.... WOW!!

Guessing a 1979 to 1983 but did the op put it in the right group???

No such thing - "automatic fuel vale" maybe a auto shutoff to keep gravity from filling the crankcase because " I forgot to shut off the fuel"

Best solution is "eBay" buy the whole part.

I ended up viewing his posts through his profile to find he made a thread about recently picking up a 1981. I just assumed this thread was about that bike. ebay will likely have seals that are in similar shape to his. the automatic shutoff is not really important to the way the bike functions, so its just easier to bypass it and simplify the fuel system. the only arguable reason to try and rebuild it would be if he is attempting a concourse restoration.

"the automatic shutoff is not really important to the way the bike functions,"

This is not correct and I speak from experience:

My 1992 Nighthawk. (CB750) had a bad fuel petcock would not hold vacuum and caused starting problems long cranking, slow to idle up on cold startups. I thought it was the nature of the beast - after replacing the petcock with a Ebay rebuilt unit no more cold startup problems.

I wanted to modify to a simple on/off petcock but was not able to find that solution.

My 1992 Nighthawk. (CB750) had a bad fuel petcock would not hold vacuum and caused starting problems long cranking, slow to idle up on cold startups. I thought it was the nature of the beast - after replacing the petcock with a Ebay rebuilt unit no more cold startup problems.

I wanted to modify to a simple on/off petcock but was not able to find that solution.
You are talking two different setups. Your "Automatic shutoff" is on your petcock but the OP's isn't. As said, he could just bypass his like many owners do.

the 1992 nighthawk integrated the automatic shutoff into the petcock, so in your instance you would be correct. the automatic shutoff WOULD cause problems because its part of the petcock. in 1981, the petcock and automatic shutoff are separated, so he would still have a functioning petcock at the tank but the automatic shutoff at the carburetors would be bypassed.

Back