• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Let's see your CB750

20220713_210649.jpg

20220921_153148.jpg

That bike looks amazing, tell us more?
Wish I was there!
Thanks Gary! BTW I'm a big boardtracker fan and I like your avatar.

The bike is a K1 survivor with original 18K mile (not rebuilt) motor and exhaust. I repainted it in its original Valley Green Metallic, found a good repro seat cover from Thailand (they don't care about trademarks) and an original front fender. I did clean and rebuild the carbs (they were pretty bad - pic) replaced points, regulator, rectifier, bar switches and removed 30+ feet of PO installed wiring (it must have had a fairing and bags at one time). I replaced the gauge faces. I ride it often and it has new repro shocks and rebuilt forks. All the rubber bits have been replaced too. David Silver Spares sends me a card at Christmastime:laugh2:

20211013_023848.jpg

78 K 16k miles 836 lots of cycle x parts
This is a beauty. I have exactly the same one 14k miles 1978 CB750 K. Love riding it around town. However the previous guys replaced the original exhaust with 4 to 1. This has changed the sound but still drives like a dream. I do hear the cam chain sound though which is a bit concerning... should i take it in or not worry and keep riding ?

I do hear the cam chain sound though which is a bit concerning... should i take it in or not worry and keep riding ?
Have you adjusted the cam chain tensioner and checked valve adjustment? Also, if the carbs are a bit out of synch., you'll get some extra engine noise regardless.

This is a beauty. I have exactly the same one 14k miles 1978 CB750 K. Love riding it around town. However the previous guys replaced the original exhaust with 4 to 1. This has changed the sound but still drives like a dream. I do hear the cam chain sound though which is a bit concerning... should i take it in or not worry and keep riding ?
If you hear actual cam chain sound then no you should not keep riding it. Try adjusting cam chain first but it probably has timing chain wheels that have deteriorated and are coming apart. Timing chains are a weak point in the sohc so its nothing to just let go and forget about it.

This was quite a while back! 836 Bore.. John Harman frame. Front wheel hub converted to rear wheel with disc brake. Machined sprocket and new rotor mount to adapt to hub. Many parts I custom built (handlebars, foot pegs, rear backrest and more. In the 70's there was a company that had a very small dry battery with electronics that eliminated the stock battery.. so it was kick start all the way. Removed the starter and mounted the coils where the starter used to be. VERY light bike...! Hallmark dual disc front wheel. These are pretty much all the pics I have of this bike. It along with everything else we owned was stolen in 1976. :mad::mad:

Attachments

• 20210918_115607_remastered.jpg
    20210918_115607_remastered.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220829_095113 (1).jpg
    20220829_095113 (1).jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220829_101436 (2).jpg
    20220829_101436 (2).jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 110
Thats pretty neat with it being a Harmon frame. That was before my time but I know of Harmon through watching Jesse James History of the Chopper. Then doing some reading on the side. Neat history non the less

Back