• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

L.E.D. headlights

hikertrash750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
http://stores.advmonster.com/h4-led-headlight/

I installed this unit about 2 months ago.

The beam is different than a regular bulb - pure white and you can see/read street signs from a much further distance than regular bulbs.

Cost was $40.00 a bulb, well worth the money.

Install was a little work, since I have a fairing on. I had to use a dremel and cut out behind the bucket mount, to allow fitment of the heat sink portion and run the electronic box.
But not a big headache. The sealed it with Gorilla tape - just to make sure no water finds it way in.

With stock light set up, no mod would be needed.

I've been running a Cibie sealed beam Headlamp for several years now. It's a halogen with an L shaped pattern that lets you set the beam much higher without it shining into oncoming traffic.

I don't know why American headlamps are based on crap glass but they are. When you look at lamps from other countries the higher quality of the glass is obvious to the naked eye.

Actually has nothing to do with the glass itself, so no idea what you are talking about on that.

L.E.D.s do not tax the charging system at all compared to halogen bulbs, and produce a much cleaner/white light without the cost and low life of "pure white" halogens. They also do not get hot.

I have them in my brakes/turn and marker lights.

I just post this incase others were thinking about trying a L.E.D. headlight.

Actually has nothing to do with the glass itself, so no idea what you are talking about on that.

L.E.D.s do not tax the charging system at all compared to halogen bulbs, and produce a much cleaner/white light without the cost and low life of "pure white" halogens. They also do not get hot.

I have them in my brakes/turn and marker lights.

I just post this incase others were thinking about trying a L.E.D. headlight.

Did you need any other components before converting to led? Ive got a 81 750C and am considering going LED all the way around..

Back