• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

keihins vb52a jets

mitz

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi new here and hello to all ok right ive just stripped my carbs to clean the jets etc now putting back together and there is 2 brass main jets that look alike one is a number 68 and the other is a 100 now I didn't take note of which came out of which hole, one of the holes has another brass piece screwed into it which size jet goes in there? the carbs are keihin vb52A,
help would be appreciated,
Tony.

The smaller number jet goes forward in carb, the bigger one goes in the main hole that the needle slides into.

The smaller number jet goes forward in carb, the bigger one goes in the main hole that the needle slides into.

Thanks for that it had me a little confused another question im running pods on these carbs when i open the throttle seems to be just dragging air in, need to get the jetting a bit better could i up the main jet from the 100 to say 110 or is that too much also on these can you up the needle, dont know which way to go any ideas,
tony.

Attachments

• $_57 (1).JPG
    $_57 (1).JPG
    4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Pods are kiss of death on these but people just keep trying. The banging head against the wall thing, it's built into our DNA. Having said that I've gotten good result with 75-110/115 in some cases (with header). DON'T mess with the needle, no need and a mistake. I don't care WHAT the Dynojet kits say. To begin with not their bike it's yours, once they have your money they don't care any more. Pods with stock exhaust? Please, spare me, you just detuned.

You (and about 500,000 other DOHCers) need to realize that the stock airbox is needed to make best power, the engine doesn't care that you think pods look cool. The OEM CV type carbs open best and most when they have a slight vacuum behind them (other reasons too), pods lose that. The engine condition as well feeds into pods working or not in a degree that cannot be overstated, less engine means the carbs automatically open less and then the problems begin. Meaning, valves and rings must seal and WELL, or pods will be hell. When you pod generally the engine will go RICHER (engine condition I just mentioned) and most think leaner and how they get so lost richening up to make it even worse. Literally none have tight engines now but just try to tell them that when they are so convinced it runs so damn great when bike won't fall out of a tree.

Sorry and no insult intended or implied, but it is what it is................if you can't hit close to 170 psi compression you will most likely not be happy with them. Plenty other people been here before and most not liking it. I was happy with mine but they make no more power at all, you're doing well by not losing any. Mine ran virtually the same 1/4 mile times either way.

Back