• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

internal carb mods

les6262

CB750 New member
Reaction score
i have read on a cb750 performance web site about modifying the mixture screw by filling the holes in the screw with jb weld eliminating the bleed that these holes provide...they say that with pods you will have more vacuum and unless you plug these bleed orafices in the mixture needles you wont be able to adjust the needle in enough....even bottoming out the mix screw will still allow to much air through because of the holes in the mix needle....has anyone tried this ..or knows of this...

What year and type of carb? Never heard of it before. Thats why they make different size idle jets. I run pods on the old style carbs and have no issues, you just have to play with different setting. I have no issues setting my idle mixture on stock size motor or big bore. Later CV carbs are a different story and no real gains are made with pods and only cause the carbs to no operate as designed and cause numerous running problems.

Ooh, I understand now. I dont use the aftermarket ones so I have never had to deal with them. Give it a try and let us know how it works. I would be interested in seeing how it goes for future reference. I would try it because if it doesnt work you can always drill the jb weld out.

i never understood that hole filling. my matic has 71-76 carbs, with pod's, with the hole and i never had a problem. i've rebuild other carbs with the hole's and never had a problem.

Back