• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

In search of Grandpa's '73 CB750

j_ham

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone,
I'm new here (This is my first post), so I'm not sure if this is something y'all would be able to help me with. I've recently started hunting for my grandpa's 1973 CB750. I've got a VIN for it, but its whereabouts haven't been known since about 1980. I think it was sold somewhere in Taylor, TX about that time. Any tips on how to proceed or help in trying to find this bike would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. That's a tough one. Perhaps you could pay for a VIN search in Texas to see if it's still in the state?

Unfortunately, all the online VIN searches I've seen require a post-1980 17-digit VIN. Maybe I can contact the DMV?

Unfortunately, the TX DMV doesn't have any records on the bike in their system. Apparently they purge the old ones out every so often. Are there any other ideas?

Bummer. The only thing I can think of would be to google the vin number occasionally to see if it ever shows up on cragislist, ebay, cycle trader, an online auction, etc.

You could check neighboring states' DMVs, but you'll probably get similar results. There's a chance the bike is not even on the road and could have been scrapped years ago.

Join all the fb cb750 groups, post the frame number & ask if anyone knows where the bike is. Give as much detail as you can... can't hurt & it will cost you nothing.

Back