• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

SGaulted

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I installed a moto gadget M.Unit in my ‘78 Honda CB750K, and have everything wired up but not getting a spark. The starter motor is activated and turning over, but still can’t see a spark.
I verified the ignition coils are getting 12v power from the B/w wire, continuity through, and power out of the Blue and Yellow wires.
I don’t think this bike has a CDI, but the one part I took off and don’t have any clue what it is is in the picture attached.
Otherwise I have the neutral and clutch safety wires grounded. Can’t think of another safety switch.
Any help or feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
DB307094-8BAD-4534-BB4E-7638AABF5F7C.jpeg
A7BD24D4-7BCE-43EE-9635-2E27409A0885.jpeg

I installed a moto gadget M.Unit in my ‘78 Honda CB750K, and have everything wired up but not getting a spark. The starter motor is activated and turning over, but still can’t see a spark.
I verified the ignition coils are getting 12v power from the B/w wire, continuity through, and power out of the Blue and Yellow wires.
I don’t think this bike has a CDI, but the one part I took off and don’t have any clue what it is is in the picture attached.
Otherwise I have the neutral and clutch safety wires grounded. Can’t think of another safety switch.
Any help or feedback is appreciated. Thanks.View attachment 11665View attachment 11666
Never used one of these but it does look to have quite a few inputs that would prevent the ignition output to function which includes the kill switch input etc. Assumed you have that covered? Does you bike use the spark amplifiers between the timing output and the coils? Are they energised? I take it this is a cafe conversion or something so could be something totally unrelated to the new controller. I would follow the usual workshop manual diagnostics for No Spark such as stator, coil, regulator, amp and have a good charged battery etc sorry I cannot be of more help as I do know much about this unit apart from the Web page and they do not have a download able install guide.

Back