• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Idle problem Honda CB750 81

81CB750CMI

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a 1981 Honda CB750C and I am a new rider and I need some help. I’m having troubles with my choke. Trying to start the bike is difficult I have to find a sweet spot with the choke in order for it to start and as I let it warm up and try to push the choke back in it completely shuts off. And it seems to only have a steady idle at that sweet spot.

Once it has started, try and hold the throttle at 2k and shut of the choke. Keep it there or rev a little 2-3k until warmed up 2minutes ish. If it does not work, then you prob have unbalanced idle on the carbs or a blocked idle jet I think. It may only have 2 cylinders trying to keep it running at idle.

Welcome to early 80's carbureted honda bikes. Have you checked adjusted valves yet? #1 issue to the dohc motor running bad is low running compression from tight valves. These carbs are junk, easy to get passages plugged and hard to get them clean. If any mods done to exhaust or intake will be hard to get them to work properly.

Back