• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hello! New member, new (old) bike: 80 CB750F Supersport for $180

Papinbrew

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So! Thanks for popping in and reading, this is my first CB four cylinder motorcycle, and my fifth motorcycle, which happen to all be Hondas. I saw this one online for a good deal, and have always wanted a cb550 or 750, this one spoke to me. I love the flowing lines of the DOHC head and fins with how they line up with the seat...

I've had decent luck with buying my 72 CL175k6 twin that didn't run, I performed a full tuneup and got it running.
I've also wrenched on an 85 VF700C Magna that I wrecked and brought back to life.

This CB750 has sat in a garage the last 10 years, presumably after being laid down because all the plastics are broken, side covers gone, and the mufflers look like they have detonated dynamite inside them. The gas tank is rusty inside, the chain is almost seized, but it has a new sprocket! Haha. There's no frame rust from what I could tell, but it was night time so not sure what a detailed inspection will show. It's got the factory airbox which makes me very happy. Missing filter though, so hopefully the top end hasn't rusted. Has disc brakes front and rear, which aren't rusty thankfully, but the masters are totally dry. The clutch feels like it works, and it does shift although I only shifted between 1st 2nd and neutral. Forks are in good shape, no rust, no leaks from the seals. The gauges are both broken, it has no keys, 40k logged on the clock, and no battery.

This was a bill of sale purchase for $180, and here in UT it's pretty simple to file for a new title. I'll be setting this bike aside until the title is in my name.

I was told this was bought from a friend who rode it often but decided to sell it, and the guy I bought it from wanted to make it a drag style bike. I'm thinking of going street fighter looking, because most of the plastic is gone or broken I want to fabricate a new seat that matches the original flowing lines and seat cowl, because I think they look amazing. Maybe I'll just get flea Bay oem parts and fix it up. Anyways, thanks for reading, glad to be a part of a new forum along with the other ones I've joined! (Hondatwins.net, and V4musclebike.com )

Back