• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Fuel overflow leak?

burnsie

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello. The other day I changed my oil and took a quick spin to run the engine and work the new oil in. When I got back after only about ten minutes, and was backing into my driveway I looked down and saw a significant size puddle below the bike. It wasn't an oil leak, as I'd feared. It was actually gas coming right out of the overflow hose. It was coming out in short spurts at a rate of about 1/4 cup in a couple of minutes. Once I turned off the fuel cut off switch, it stopped. Any recommendations before I pull the carbs out? Maybe someone can save me some time?

Needles not seating or you have a float getting saturated or float levels too high.

If they use ethanol laced fuel where you are, look to your filters. OEM ones are typically not fine enough to block the superfine rust that ethanol will create in a steel tank, and then the rust gets into the carbs and makes for flooding issues at float needles. If so you will find some of it in the bowl.

Back