• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

frame differences between 750CB`s

bartster

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Bill ( Bartster). I am new to this forum but look forward on getting advice for my project. I have a body ( cafe ) for a 1972 750CB. Also have a cafe fairing off a 1974 BMW R90S. Would like to know if there is any frame changes between 1972 and 1982. Want to eliminate the gas tank, side covers, seat and fender and install the body and fairing. I know the fairing will work as I have one mounted of my 72 now but don't know about the body fitment. Thanks in advance

Frames are 100% different between those years. The sohc stopped with 78 model year then the dohc took over and was a 100%different bike.

I have a body ( cafe ) for a 1972 750CB.
Does it look similar to this?
tracy fiberglass.jpg

Here's some pics of body and fairing. As you can see it's ongoing project that I just started.

Attachments

• tempImagelFoZK9.png
    tempImagelFoZK9.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 134
  • tempImageQalQEu.png
    tempImageQalQEu.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 123
  • tempImagevZsJb1.png
    tempImagevZsJb1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 110
  • tempImageBzDn6m.png
    tempImageBzDn6m.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 114
A 77 is a sohc bike so if the bodywork is for a sohc then it should fit.🤷‍♂️

Hi Manya2. Not home right now but I believe the Body seat will be a little lower that the original seat. I am 58inches tall and with the stock seat on it, half of my head is above the windscreen with me sitting upright. The handle bars on this bike is from a 1974 R90S BMW. Same as the Cafe Fairing ): The aero dynamic on the BMW Cafe Fairing is very good. No buffeting at high speeds :) Wife and I winter in the Florida Keys. Should be starting this project soon Hope this helps

Back