• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Fork oil/1993 CB 750

stevewaclo

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello to CB 750 experts! (Anecdotal advisors need not reply :).)

Replacing fork seals on my ride and although I’ve used Honda fork oil in the past, I came upon this information on the interweb:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/919873/Honda-Cb750.html?page=73#manual
According to the page above from the owners manual “high quality ATF” is the recommended oil for our rides. Did not know that!

My question is, has ATF technology changed over the years and does this recommendation still apply or should I use current tech fork oil? I’m going to ignore internet suggestions to use 10 weight motor oil 😱.

Thanks in advance.

Hi thank you . I spotted my fork seal leaking so put it on the ramp an now it's not leaking ?? I'm guessing it's the same oil an seals from new so I'll have go at changing them . Reason not done it yet as there massive fitting top the forks iv been told need to undo them it's like an alan key but size walnut .

take a flexible piece of plastic or business card and slide between fork seal and fork. work it around the fork. then put in clean ATF
may be a easy fix

It won't typically leak unless the suspension is pushing oil around. With the bike sitting still it won't leak.
I would still clean around the dust seal and ensure it is pressed in place. Then ride. See what happens.

Hi thanks guys now that is interesting as it was parked up. (Been for 3 months as been ill now going over the bike to check it all ) so it was while it was just parked up so I cleaned around the fork an down to the brake caliper then few days later put it on the ramp then seen not leaking and it's been like that for 3 weeks still not leaking .
So was not actually been used when seen the !! Leak!! Then moved it around then on to the ramp an its stopped . I'll do the plastic thing you guys said an see from there cheers

It likely leaked during the last ride and you only noticed when you came back to the bike.

Hi mmm over the months it was off the road I used to go out an start it warm it up twice a week never spotted it b4 . Bit of an odd one . I had to even tho I got a trickle charge on the battery it was mostly to the starter motor from sticking .had a few problems with that over the years . I don't ride over the winter an the 3rd year I had huge problems with the starter sticking if I just went out like once a week . .

Yea I'll be doing it sat so I'll post on here if any thing comes of it . Iv been pushing the forks down an that to see if anything comes out but no not.like a ride lol . It be a few months before its back on the road as it hibernate for the winter .

Back