• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Fire in the hole!

MotersickleBum

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, today i cleaned the carbs on my 81 CB750 that's been sitting for over a decade. i also squirted oil on the cams before trying to get it running. i have not yet reinstalled the gas tank. i just added fuel to the float bowls with a hose and funnel then squired some starting fluid in the carbs. unfortunately the second carb from the left has a sticking float and it's backing up and overflowing so i have to take the carbs off again tomorrow and look at that BUT on the up-side, i was able to get it to tach-up for about five seconds before it ran out of fuel. this is a very good sign indeed because i have having a heck of a time just getting spark. so now i know that i will run..... the only thing i didn't like was the sound. it's has 4into1 headers and sounded like a 500 single. maybe it's not hitting on all 4 yet. i'll know more after i look at the floats to find out why that 2nd carb is overflowing. why on earth do they put the fuel inlet on the left side instead of the middle? weird....

Back