• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Extreme Electrical Wiring Newb about to Replace Wiring Harnesses

tiretread

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Howdy. Owner of a 75 CB750K and after several years of a flat bar decided to go back to a more upswept OEM handlebar. Upon conducting the swap, I noticed the rats nest of wires in the headlight as well as many mis-matched twisted together wires from one of the various POs. So, I purchased a main wiring harness, and the bar switch assemblys for both the left and right side.

Background on my electrical wiring acumen: I once set a 1958 Ural Dnepr afire (not really "afire" as the whole bike is just pretty much steel) after I did some very simple wiring corrections.

So why I posted: Is there any video or tutorial on how to replace these harnesses'? I have laid them all out on the garage floor and I notice there are wires that don't necessarily match anything else on the floor. I'm sure there are simple reasons for that.

I will be taking lots of pictures and tagging wire connections, etc., but if there is some kind of tutorial it sure would give me a bolt of confidence before I kick this project off. Thanks!

I attempted that a while ago, I couldn't find any manufacturer that would make a legit harness with matching wires. So I returned them and got a motogadget m-unit, I ended having to rewire the whole thing, but it was easier to me than having to rewire the bike with new colors etc.

I attempted that a while ago, I couldn't find any manufacturer that would make a legit harness with matching wires. So I returned them and got a motogadget m-unit, I ended having to rewire the whole thing, but it was easier to me than having to rewire the bike with new colors etc.
Thanks for the response. I think I'll just gut it out since I have all of these wiring harnesses. Maybe on my next project I'll go with the m-unit.

I know Taylor from classic Octane in Austin tx uses harnesses like that, I think most people make the harnesses work by following the diagrams, and making use of your voltmeter etc.

Back