• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Evacuation of fluids from gas tank

Jamsr

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to evacuate all fluids from the gas tank? I have a 750L and I need to treat it for some rust in the tank and I can’t seem to get all the gas out of the tank to treat it. I was considering compressed air to try and force it out where the shutoff mounts???

Ok im having the same issue. I was able to fill the tank and dump out most but not all the rust. My tank hasnt rusted through yet , which is surprising cause the gas was almost a solid. This bike has only had maybe 3 tanks in it. I was thinking of using an angle cutter and making a cut on the under side of the tank . Then welding it back on when done. Thats my thoughts on getting all the debris out. I really want to keep this bike all original cause it only has 930 miles on it

I thought of that but mine is a special edition and I don’t want to damage the paint. I got most of it out out and the rest evaporated. I have some rust along the bottom seams. I am going to try Eastwood Rust Dissolver. I have also seen someone use a heat gun to help speed evaporation. Good luck!

Back