• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Electrical issue

Jakelgto

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have no electric, no lights, no spark on my 77 cb750k. I have continuity through the entire bike, checked every wire before and after all the connections. My question is could a bad rectifier/regulator cause me to lose power? I was working on the turn signal flasher when it happened so I'm thinking maybe it was shorted out in the process.

you have a bad ground to the battery or blown main fuse if nothing comes on....the regulator rectifier could be shorted to ground to kill everything ie blow the fuse....you can disconnect it ,replace the fuse and check for a tail light when the key is on to verify ....you can then reconnect the reg/ rectifier and if the fuse blows again , it s bad....usually just working on lights will not blow a regulator so i just suspect a blown fuse will be the case here...there are only 3 fuses a main , headlight , and tail/turn .....

Back