• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

DVLA nightmare!!!

kirky

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
is there anyone on here know how i can satisfy the dreaded DVLA that my japanese domestic market CB750FZ was manufactured in 1979 and the log book has an error from years ago after it was imported to england. i have paid the VJMCC for a dating certificate and the DVLA refuse to accept it. they want information from the glass's check book or an extract from the factory records on headed paper. they say they want the month and year of production BUT they have issued a log book that just states declared manufacture 1982 and don't mention a month. how the heck do i get the info they want from either of the two above mentioned ways. i got a friend to dig into info on the frame and engine number on the fb honda page and they came back with 1979 same as the VJMCC has. WHAT can i do to get the info the dreaded DVLA say they want!!

Can you possibly email/ write to Honda?
They do have historical records.

I had a similar issue where the registration record of the Vin (frame#) of my CX had too many digits recorded in one Aussie state and when l needed to re-register it in another state I noted the papers I had recorded too many digits vs actual frame number.
Emailed Honda Australia...who then forwarded the request to Japan...supporting letter provided (engine & vin match)..

is there anyone on here know how i can satisfy the dreaded DVLA that my japanese domestic market CB750FZ was manufactured in 1979 and the log book has an error from years ago after it was imported to england. i have paid the VJMCC for a dating certificate and the DVLA refuse to accept it. they want information from the glass's check book or an extract from the factory records on headed paper. they say they want the month and year of production BUT they have issued a log book that just states declared manufacture 1982 and don't mention a month. how the heck do i get the info they want from either of the two above mentioned ways. i got a friend to dig into info on the frame and engine number on the fb honda page and they came back with 1979 same as the VJMCC has. WHAT can i do to get the info the dreaded DVLA say they want!!
How did it go did DVLA send anyone out to look at it?

the DVLA are an authority that won't listen depending on the person dealing with the case so i have been told. they refused to accept the certificate i sent from honda uk. because they had given it a 1982 { W } reg and would not recognise it was made in 1979. i didn't want the reg changing as per say i just wanted them to accept it was a 1979 i gave up the fight after they put the phone down on me and waited a year then applied for historic bike. they gave it historic but the log book still says W reg made in 1992 ffs , they must mean 1982. so there are two errors they will not admit to. fkn nightmare, but at least its tax free now.

Back