• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

DOHC Engine Expert Help Requuired

750mors

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls,

This is my first post over here after being referred by a friend, he suggested this could be the place where I find the expert I so desperately seek.

I am in need of knowledge deeper than mine, I am nearing the rolling point of my cafe build on a 1982 CB750 DOHC and have hit a road block.

I was diligently following the instructions for the engine rebuild and noticed one part which I can't account for called the "oil control orifice" part number 11620-425-003 (part obsolete). There is almost zero info on this part worldwide and I want to continue the tradition of building the bike right so any info that anyone can share would be much appreciated.

Below is a picture of my lower crankcase, I don't know exactly where the orifice would fit. There's also the possibility that I may have jumped the gun though which is why I'm hoping to find an expert eye - is the part already in the gallery toward the top of the picture??? I have also included the microfiche too, it's part number 21.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read, anything that can be added to the topic will be greatly appreciated.

Matt

108cb4459d44e104dd0c8a1f52734f6e.jpg
00b4486e5c3cd5912dde5056dd265441.jpg

Hoping this helps someone out there but in the picture he posted the part is currently in its spot. It does not fall out easily and it’s very hard to replace. If yours looks like his picture then your good to go. Just blow air through it to clean it out.

Back