• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Does anybody know what this piece is?

sage03

CB750 New member
Reaction score
While I was taking apart my carbs, I had my work surface clean, then this piece appeared. I don't know what it's from, even if it's from the carbs, but if it is, is anybody familiar with what this is and where it goes?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3401.jpg
    IMG_3401.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3402.jpg
    IMG_3402.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 115
Dimensions will help narrow it down...or what it is/isn't...
Has the bike been restarted since the carb rebuild?
Just to clarify is the bike dohc?

Last edited:
Dimensions will help narrow it down...or what it is/isn't...
Has the bike been restarted since the carb rebuild?
Just to clarify is the bike dohc?
11.04 mm long
4.97mm wide at top narrow part
5.26mm wide at bottom wider part

I have run the bike since I found this part, and it did run but it was bogging when taking off, however I am replacing the cracked accelerator pump which it very well may be, coming in the mail today.

It also sounds like air bubbles in exhaust, which also may be from the accelerator pump, but yeah.

At that size and diameter i was thinking a fuel "join tube"...but the lack or o-rings or grooves suggests not...
Id be interested to hear others thoughts....

I havent stripped my carbs yet....they were good..
(Tho i had to fit a new clutch kit and had starter clutch issues....on aquisition)

Maybe if you didnt recall seeing it on strip down...and didn't have a "oh shite"moment ur ok......??

At that size and diameter i was thinking a fuel "join tube"...but the lack or o-rings or grooves suggests not...
Id be interested to hear others thoughts....

I havent stripped my carbs yet....they were good..
(Tho i had to fit a new clutch kit and had starter clutch issues....on aquisition)

Maybe if you didnt recall seeing it on strip down...and didn't have a "oh shite"moment ur ok......??
I actually did just replace the accelerator pump and it bogs when taking off, and bogs between 5-7k RPMs, still sounds like air in the exhaust flow. I heard it could be the mixture, but I am gonna try to put back in another piece I replaced to see if it does anything.

Part number 22 in the manual.rampton👍👍
Thank you for putting in way too much work to help some random person online. IT was missing on Carb #4, put it back in, bike stopped running as bad. Later in the day got the carbs synced and tuned, and now the bikes running minty after a 2-month long headache.

Back