• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Couple more carb questions - '78 CB750A

fuhgeddaboudit

CB750 Member
Reaction score
In this photo, there's a vacuum line behind the fuel line (well, it's really in front, as it sits on the bike)...what is this for? A solenoid valve that I don't have? Should I just plug it and fuhgeddaboudit?

015.JPG

In this second photo, what is this little arm-swingy-dealy (linkage? is that the right term?)?

016.JPG

On the 750 automatics they put an anti stall solenoid to pick the idle up when it is put in gear to keep it from stalling. Do a search for 750a on this site, there was another member on here had a 750a carb set and needed a vacuum diagram. I had the diagram but cant find it right now. I will post it again if I can find it.

Yup thats it. As long as it doesn't stall then you are fine. Block that vacuum port off beings you wont be using it.

you'll most likely notice it wanting to stall right when you come to a stop. just a little blip of the throttle and it'll be fine but it does suck when your stuck in stop & go traffic LOL

Back