• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Control harnesses

Steve 1976

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Just now getting into the Honda 750's. Purchasing a pristine 1976 from original owner with 2,673 miles. Bike came from the dealer with pull back handlebars I want to replace with original style. I have owned Kaw Z1's for years, bars simple to change as control harnesses are strapped externally. Question is how difficult to remove harnesses from internal routing and will connectors feed through? Want to be extremely careful with this bike. Appreciate any info/advice.

yes the connectors pull through the bars...thats how they put them in the first place. They get hard after the plastic wire covering gets hard over time, just have to work it back and forth while trying to pull it out. I always cut the old sheathing off and wrap with new tape so they go in easier.

Thanks, I am hoping to use original harnesses as is since overall this bike is in unusual original condition right down to factory yellow paint on torqued bolts. I'll post some pics when I finish the bars

Back