• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750C Engine Head Compatibility

imitt12

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Good evening. I have a parts compatibility question for y'all.

I have a 1980 CB750K with a bad engine, and an unknown year spare 750C engine that I bought from a wrecker years ago with what I think is a cracked head. I'm going to take the spare engine over to a local rebuilder and have him go through it, but if he needs to replace the head I'm probably going to source one off eBay. The reason for doing this instead of pulling the head off the K's engine and using it on the C engine is that I was doing some looking on one of the Honda parts fiche sites, and noticed that the part number for the '80-81 F and K cylinder head was different to the one for the '79-81 C and earlier K/F. My question is, is there a compatibility difference to the two heads, or was the later model simply a revision to the older, and will bolt up to any block with no issue?

Good evening. I have a parts compatibility question for y'all.

I have a 1980 CB750K with a bad engine, and an unknown year spare 750C engine that I bought from a wrecker years ago with what I think is a cracked head. I'm going to take the spare engine over to a local rebuilder and have him go through it, but if he needs to replace the head I'm probably going to source one off eBay. The reason for doing this instead of pulling the head off the K's engine and using it on the C engine is that I was doing some looking on one of the Honda parts fiche sites, and noticed that the part number for the '80-81 F and K cylinder head was different to the one for the '79-81 C and earlier K/F. My question is, is there a compatibility difference to the two heads, or was the later model simply a revision to the older, and will bolt up to any block with no issue?
Cb 750 Kwere silver cb750 f were all black painted powder coated might bnonly diff

Back