• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750 Police

saad9ff

CB750 New member
Reaction score
greeting all,

need your help to identify which model and year of this CB , so I buy this bike from previous owner (its in Saudi Arabia) that he don't know anything about it , and I believe the frame No starting with RG or RC, so any information will help me in this regards.
see attachments for more details .

many thanks for your support.

Attachments

• ٢٠١٩٠٣٢٧_٠٦١٧٠&#16.jpg
    ٢٠١٩٠٣٢٧_٠٦١٧٠&#16.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 454
  • ٢٠١٩٠٣٢٧_٠٦١٧٢&#16.jpg
    ٢٠١٩٠٣٢٧_٠٦١٧٢&#16.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 397
  • ٢٠١٩٠٣٢٩_٠٠٤٤٣&#16.jpg
    ٢٠١٩٠٣٢٩_٠٠٤٤٣&#16.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 258
  • digitcb.png
    digitcb.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 302
many thanks for your help and clarification , and yes I tried to found the RC02 but I couldn't find anything , I believe that all serials codes in google belong to North American models , so I hope to found full information about my bike ,

many thanks for the book and support Mr. James.

hello
does anyone know the paint code for the white on the police issue honda.
i have a 1981 cb750k dohc model in australia. looking to get it repainted

Hi,
Shags, what is the full model number on your frame plate?
I have an Oct 1982 CB750PZ police bike that I’m restoring. As per Pidjones reply, I found that the fiches on cms website for the 1979 Cb750p export model correspond to my bike as well. Elsewhere I found that the last letter in my model number ie ‘Z’ means that my model started in 1979.
Going by the Color code for the white parts on cms for the 1979 Cb750p export model, code is NH-0. On some Honda color charts I found this to be Championship White, also used on some Honda cars.

Hi,
Shags, what is the full model number on your frame plate?
I have an Oct 1982 CB750PZ police bike that I’m restoring. As per Pidjones reply, I found that the fiches on cms website for the 1979 Cb750p export model correspond to my bike as well. Elsewhere I found that the last letter in my model number ie ‘Z’ means that my model started in 1979.
Going by the Color code for the white parts on cms for the 1979 Cb750p export model, code is NH-0. On some Honda color charts I found this to be Championship White, also used on some Honda cars.
How did you go with your restoration, I have a 1979 model police spec that needs some cosmetic work, but is generally in good shape?

Hi John,
resto still going :)
I've been working on the engine these last few months. Stripped it down, blasted and sprayed all the painted parts, polished the side covers, got all the parts that weren't within specs, all bearings and seals, rebore, pistons....
At the moment I'm putting it all together.
Once engine is done, everything else is ready to go for the install part.
Thanks mate

This is me at the moment, rideable, and good duco, but frame and some chrome has surface rust and needs a paint. Do you know what sprockets yours has, I’ve got a 45t with a 530 chain on the back, but need to check the front? I’ve been spoilt with highway revs by the one behind it, so I’m trying to confirm what they should be at 100kph.

Attachments

• IMG_1517.jpeg
    IMG_1517.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 83
Also, have you got any recommendations for a parts supplier, I need to fix a poor front brake caliper rebuild, (they left the rod boots out) so I’m looking for a kit, also probably gaskets at a later date when I need to strip the engine for paint and polish?

Hey John,
yes mate, mine had that surface rust too when I bought it. That's why I decided to strip it down and restore from the ground up.
I see you still have the original 4 in 4's exhaust. That's good. On mine, they were changed to the 4 in 2's from the cbx model.
The carbies are aftermarket, correct?
And you put a seat in place of the brief box carrier. I bought a cb750 kz seat (2 seater) and it uses the same hinge and lock as the single seater.
Sprockets...
I have managed to find a CB750P brochure from the 80's (a guy in Mansfield on gumtree, used to run the Honda dealership) and the specs page says that sprockets should be 17 front 43 back. Even the cmsnl web site says the same. However, when looking at aftermarket options I didn't find these. 18 and 45 are more common. I just got a set from rpm moto in queensland.
Parts...
I've tried to get Honda original parts as much as possible. It's been difficult for some parts (as it will be on any 40 year old bike) but I got most of my parts from CMS in the Netherlands
https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750p-1979-z-general-export_model50280/partslist/#.ZFyqBRFBxD9Their web site is really user friendly. Some parts I've had to look for second hand on ebay. The part numbers from the CMS website were very handy.
You have StGeorge as your location. Is that in NSW? If you are in Oz, can I suggest that if you have a lot of parts to order from abroad, don't let one order amount to more than $800 as you'll have to pay import tax on your parts too. Ask me how I know :rolleyes: !

One thing I can't find anywhere is the black rubber spacers under the front indicators on the front shield. Reason being, apparently these were not Honda items. I was told that these bikes came here without those fairings but were then installed here by an Australian supplier. Mine are all cracked and need to be replaced. Do you have any leads please?

Specs from that brochure..

Attachments

• IMG_7018.jpeg
    IMG_7018.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7019.jpeg
    IMG_7019.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7020.jpeg
    IMG_7020.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7021.jpeg
    IMG_7021.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 75
Thanks Hugh, you are a wealth of information. I am in St George south west Qld, and I got this bike from Sydney, but it was originally from South Aus. The bloke that had it before spent a heap on it through a repair shop, and then put it under a tarp on the coast, hence the rust, the good thing is I have the receipts.
Yes it has aftermarket carbs, they were installed new when the other work was done, but I do have the originals and the air box, apparently they had trouble finding parts, or they took the easy way out. I’m thinking the 17-43 and 18-45 ratio would be much different anyway?
I haven’t really had a good look at those spacers on mine, but if I come up with any ideas I’ll let you know.
The seats were on there when I got it, and I don’t think I’ll change it, the driver one is in good nick and comfortable, I’ll wait until my passenger complains. I think the other bike will be doing those trips though.
I might have further questions, so talk again sometime?

I’m wondering if the Aus supplier for the fairing, did the bags as well, as they are different to any of the online photos, maybe they specified a larger capacity, for whatever they put in them, and it would be interesting to know what that was?

Hey John,
I think mine was originally from South Australia too. And I think that it was South Australia police that had put those fairings on as all the CB750P bikes from SA have those fairings.
In regards to the box assemblies on the side, yours are exactly like mine. I found on CMS that they are from this model...
https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cbx750p...odel18919/partslist/FOP0601.html#.ZFyqCBFBxD-which was the next Honda model that was around for police.
My guess is SA police either ordered them with those boxes from the start, or simply upgraded to newer ones whenever they swapped broken boxes. But while researching and looking for photos on the net I have seen our same side boxes on all CB750P models originating from SA.
I found this pic, this guy has actually got a collection of them! ..
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=131612.0

He’s keen, I think one is enough, wouldn’t mind what he’s got in the shed though. If he’s still collecting these he might have a lead on he indicator spacers or get someone to print some?

Nice collections...FWIW I remember seeing photos of a (Aust. police) DOHC with spoke wheels and single disc up front; pictured alongside the more common (Aust. police) SOHC in service.
(If memory serves either Vic or NSW).
Dunno if large numbers got to the road or it was an "evaluation".

Back