• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB 750 help please

Cfaiman

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Can’t get my 750 1998 running right.
I have to have choke on to start it. Even after it warms up it won’t run right with the choke off. It will rev up OK the first time I hit the gas. But after I let it off and try to hit it again. It is Bog’s out I check the compression -timing -no vacuum leaks. It doesn’t have the stock air cleaner on it. It has four separate ones on it. All the vacuum lines are hooked up. Help.

You should have to have the choke on to start it....thats what it is for. Have you cleaned the carbs? Go back to stock air box and it is almost a guarantee that it will run better.

CB750 is cold blooded you need the choke to start it. - Always on a cold start.

Once warmed up it should run on 4 independent pod filters but will never run good.

Stock airbox balances out the pulses from the 4 cylinders - carbs are vacuum operated.

you can go to non- vacuum operated carbs might be able to tune it with 4 pod filters - not worth the cost or effort in my opinion.

Honda built it right in 1969 just improved through the years return to stock you will be happy!!!

Back