• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cb 750 1979 with 14 000km

Jim29

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all , I found a CB 750 1979 for sale close to my area the bike seems in very good condition , hard to believe but it only have 14 700 km , it was stored in a shop for over 30 years the previous owner cleaned the carburetor , rebuilt master cylinder / caliber , he sent me a video of it running seems to run very good. I have been riding a ktm 350 excf for the past 2 years and I’m now interested in road bike and I really like old school motorcycle since I like to work on my bikes. But one of my coworkers is trying to tell me that it’s not gonna be good for me to heavy , bad handling that I’m gonna get injured with that. I don’t believe that’s 80’s motorcycle were that bad but I have no idea . But I really like the the cb 750 I thinks it’s one of the best looking motorcycle and the history behind fascinate me. What do you think is gonna be a head ache to own a bike that old ?
Thank you

I am not a fan personally of these dohc motors. You have to keep up on the valve adjust or you will burn valves. parts support is not good, even parts from honda are becoming scarce and non existent in some cases. The carbs are absolute garbage, always plugging and never running to full potential and not user friendly when tuning with performance parts. Charging issues and ignition issues will arise. Aftermarket support is small but some stuff is available. Sounds to me like you need to make up your own decision instead of listening to that friend.....considering the new goldwing weighs north of 800lbs and they are very ride able. Either he is trying to scare you or ignorant.

Hi all , I found a CB 750 1979 for sale close to my area the bike seems in very good condition , hard to believe but it only have 14 700 km , it was stored in a shop for over 30 years the previous owner cleaned the carburetor , rebuilt master cylinder / caliber , he sent me a video of it running seems to run very good. I have been riding a ktm 350 excf for the past 2 years and I’m now interested in road bike and I really like old school motorcycle since I like to work on my bikes. But one of my coworkers is trying to tell me that it’s not gonna be good for me to heavy , bad handling that I’m gonna get injured with that. I don’t believe that’s 80’s motorcycle were that bad but I have no idea . But I really like the the cb 750 I thinks it’s one of the best looking motorcycle and the history behind fascinate me. What do you think is gonna be a head ache to own a bike that old ?
Thank you
This bike may require a little more attention than normal by today's standards. But, they are really pretty bullet proof. If you aren't a real mechanic you definitely need to know one that likes to work on the old bikes. As long as it's kept up, though; I think the HONDA CB750's are the best bikes ever. It's not that heavy. If you are shorter than 5'8" it might be a little tall for you.
When you ride this bike, everybody going to want to know about it. trust me.
You love it. Get it. just be careful. They are all dangerous. No 'safe' ones.

Back