• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carbs and engine match question

Stormcloud

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone; Newbie here. Have a '78 CB750k that hasn't run really well since I got her. She is a cafe, running on pods and bogging down a lot. She was sitting for a while, so I'm thinking of pulling the carbs and giving them a good clean. From scouting around on here, I get the impression that my carbs are older than the motor. How do I work out the year of my carbs? Or were this type of carb the same throughout the model years? And, for these carbs, can anyone point me in the right direction to get new gaskets etc? Thanks in advance for any help/insight.

Attachments

• unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 151
Awesome...thanks for your help. So are these carbs better than the ones that came with the 78 motor. I don’t understand...I would have thought the more modern carbs would be better. Trying to understand why the last owner put older carbs on.

older carbs are a lot easier to tune is the reason. The new ones are slightly larger but tuning is more of a chore.

Back