• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carb or maybe something else help

KnowsEnoughToBeDangerous

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey folks. My user name should explain enough. I’m an electrician so I understand when mechanical knowledge lacks and this is true for me here. I recently picked up a couple bikes. Not sure when last run. I cleaned up the plugs and they cleaned well and see I have good spark. No compression test but by ear it’s there. I know I’ll get some gages. Anyway the car appears to be rebuilt but not sure when. Hard to start bike and seems starving for fuel. Once started it’s rough and has Trouble getting even to 4000 RPM bogs with throttle. Quick ride around the block and it has no get up. Basically I’m looking for where my screws are located entirely and what the best start point I should put them in. Such as backed out 2 turns or whatever is the norm. I saw on another thread that someone brought up valve adjustment and others and that’s appreciated as again I know enough to be dangerous. Gages and such will come and I will learn this but for now I’m looking for some quick guidance of the variety my grandfather would give. He tuned by ear great but I never picked it up. Any help is appreciated and any fun liked at me will be tolerated as all good to pick on this new guy. I’m a big boy. Thanks again

Did I really forget that? 81 750k. I just completely stripped it down ultrasonic cleaned, and cleared all jets. Went with another read I had for some instruction. So I put it all back together but now I don’t get fuel past that. It has had km and out out. So I thought I was gonna be in good shape only to have new issues and I’m sure related issue. What exactly does it do? Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. I’m gonna try to bypass just to see what happens.

Back