• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

carb issues dont stop

nogalarry

CB750 Member
Reaction score
1992 cb750 was running well, but had to take off carbs and separate them to replace a leaking fuel t-pipe o-ring. Put them back on, and now the bike only runs on choke, with the outer cylinders not running. I checked spark, replaced damaged pilot screw o-rings in those two carbs (here I thought I solved the problem), but still the cylinders are not running (1 and 4). I feel like I must be missing something simple that needs to be done. The carbs were cleaned while still connected to each other. I couldn't find any vacuum leaks at the intakes. Again, the bike was fine before I took off the carbs and separated 2 and 3 to replace the fuel t-pipe o-ring. Any ideas are appreciated. I know people will say to completely disassemble and clean...is that the answer? The spark plugs looked fouled and smelled of fuel, so gas is getting there.

Thanks

Just an FYI, everything is fixed: turned out a couple of the slow jets were uncleanable no matter how many times I reamed them out. Replaced everything with an All Balls kit, and I'm back on the road.

Back