• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

mildlyburnt

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi, just looking for some opinions. I have a chopper with a CB750 SOHC motor (1978 motor) that I'm putting the 'earlier' style carb bank on (from a 1974 SOHC I believe). The carb insulators are missing so I was wondering about the cheap ebay ones I keep seeing. I see Z1 has them for $100-ish. Anyone have bad news / issues on the cheaper ones...? Thanks!

is your 78 a k or f? I have used from vintage cb750, the boots had been designed wrong, dont know if they fixed the issue as I havent ordered from them since. may want to check with 4into1.com. Finding a set to put the early carbs on the later motor may be a bit harder to find.

Dirtdigger, you're from Black Hawk??? Have you found any gold in the new MINING shafts they found??? To answer your ?, I have one 'older' style carb boot/insulator and it fits the 'old' carbs AND it fits the intake 'spigot' on my newer '78 engine. I'm ASSUMING that this motor is a standard and not an 'F' style. Thanks for responding and it's good to meet another Black Hills-ian…!

Dirtdigger, you're from Black Hawk??? Have you found any gold in the new MINING shafts they found??? To answer your ?, I have one 'older' style carb boot/insulator and it fits the 'old' carbs AND it fits the intake 'spigot' on my newer '78 engine. I'm ASSUMING that this motor is a standard and not an 'F' style. Thanks for responding and it's good to meet another Black Hills-ian…!

They will fit the newer head. Just be sure the boots that are correct for your carbs, stay with your carbs no matter what year head you put them on.

I am about 5 miles from the mines. But they are old abandoned gypsum mines so no gold! I a working up by lead though building a housing neighborhood on old homestake land. I am keeping my eyes open for nuggets!!

I worked in Whitewood a coupla years and I had to 'run' gold panning people off the mine 'reclaim' areas of Whitewood creek. Seemed extreme, but I was nice and they understood. Them mining companies take their 'stake' very VERY seriously! Good to hear you're not caught up in the Gypsum debacle then... Crazy deal. Thanks for your help...

Thanks man. I HAVE the original '78 carbs AND a full Honda kit for them, but I'm not familiar with them like I am the 'older' carbs...

Back