• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cam chain guide

ChristopherR

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the site and generally new to bikes. I recently picked up a 79 cb750f in pretty good shape. After running about a month, I find it has a broken cam chain guide, guide B I believe is the technical term for it..the overhead guide. No luck finding a repro online and no luck finding a parts bike in my area yet. My question is has this been a common problem with your bikes and is there a supplier for these guides I'm not finding? I'm guessing the chain had some serious slack to break it completely off. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Most of the guides are no longer available from Honda anymore for the dohc stuff. Yes it is a very common problem and you are more than likely going to have to find a good used guide. dohc do not have much aftermarket support so you will have to find used or hopefully stumble across someone with some new old stock laying around.

Thanks a lot guys. There's one on ebay now but it has a high price tag and I can't see paying for that when I can hopefully find a parts bike for not much more. I'm considering welding and reinforcing the original or maybe even fabbing something up. Thanks again!

Back