• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Brakes are stuck

hinksy

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I am redoing both master cylinders on my 77 F2 The rear is absolutely shot and the caliper aint great either . All three calipers were seized , but I was able to free them without much trouble . The rear brakes are just covered in corrosion and the piston in the master cylinder will not come out . I have removed the adjusting rod and circlip , but the piston wont come out . I can push it in with a bit of grunt , then it compresses freely . But if I let it return to the top , it then sticks , so I am thinking the top of the bore is marred in some way . It is on the very top lip , so looks like I have some fileing to do . Has anyone else had this problem and am I missing something ? I cannot think of any other way bar drilling the piston and using a screw to remove it . Also the brake pads dont all have their pad shims and pad springs . One caliper has the spring , the rest dont . one caliper has a shim and the other doesnt have any . I also have some clips that are not in any pics I can find and yes , one caliper has two , one caliper has one and the other none . So are these things necessary ? greg
IMG_20220602_212950[1].jpg
IMG_20220602_213056[1].jpg

the clips and things are needed, the chrome ones stop the pads hammering the caliper. i would get some compressed air into the piston.

the clips and things are needed, the chrome ones stop the pads hammering the caliper. i would get some compressed air into the piston.
Spot on mate . It took a few hits but let go like a bullet . Scared the bejesus outa me !
Man were they shot , the front one even had an o-ring folded over ( I suspect someone put it in wrong )
IMG_20220603_155812[1].jpg

. Spent about 4 hrs stripping and prepping these today , now ready for some new bits and a touch of paint

Back