• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Bike rolls in gear

Radwildlove

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi there! I have a 1974 cb750 and I recently replace the clutch and now after all is done the bike rolls and every gear. The bike was working fine before replacing the clutch besides the RPMs would rise very fast. So I decided to replace the clutch to see if that would help. Any suggestions on why it would do this? Thanks!

have you readjusted the clutch arm and clutch cable? Did you verify that the new clutch pack was close to the same stacked thickness?

have you readjusted the clutch arm and clutch cable? Did you verify that the new clutch pack was close to the same stacked thickness?
Yes I’m sure the clutch is the same size as original. I followed step-by-step instructions of installing it ,but clutch cable is not connected I think there’s something wrong with my cable. The bike should not roll if it’s in gear and clutch cable is not connected right? Maybe I installed incorrectly.

That is correct. It should not roll while in gear and having the cable disconnected eliminates the cable and lever from being the problem. Did you install the clutch plates in the proper order per the service manual? Did you pay attention to the Disc B for both the pressure plate and friction plate? Is the last friction plate installed the correct way?

I guess I’ll have to take it apart and make sure. I soaked all the clutch disk in oil for about five hours. I use original pressure plates and just did clutch disc pressure plate until the end. I made sure the last plate was installed that look different from the rest. I know there is a washer that goes on before the lock not that Hass to be in a certain way. I can’t remember if I did that one correctly or not. Sorry this is my first attempt on doing a clutch as you can tell lol. I’ll see what happens this week when I take it apart. Last question when you’re screwing in the screws for the springs I know you do it in a star formation because you do not want to break the pressure plate , but do you just keep tightening until they’re snug? Using a torque wrench scares me on these screws I’ve had them break before.

This part.

Attachments

• E3D2942E-112D-4800-9FA3-4DB34FBD4D4B.jpeg
    E3D2942E-112D-4800-9FA3-4DB34FBD4D4B.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 176
Back