• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Assembly of crankcase

Azdevil09

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting my crankcase back together and what are some watch outs for common forgotten items. Ie I keep hearing mention of the two locating pins (have these) and a small oil ring. Not sure in the latter. What oil seals are in the case?

Couple pictures to help.View attachment 13816
IMG_2765.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2766.jpeg
    IMG_2766.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 47
Can I jump on this thread and ask what the preferred way of putting the case together is? Is it as the picture above (everything in the top case and the top case is upside down) or the right way (everything in bottom case and everything is the right way up)??

I have tried twice now to put the case together and I keep having the primary chain tensioner spring fall out!

Any help?

Can I jump on this thread and ask what the preferred way of putting the case together is? Is it as the picture above (everything in the top case and the top case is upside down) or the right way (everything in bottom case and everything is the right way up)??

I have tried twice now to put the case together and I keep having the primary chain tensioner spring fall out!

Any help?
I can’t be of much help as I have not progressed since this pic cause I had a bolt break off in the case and it’s been in the shop for 4 weeks waiting to have it removed.

But I will say that I started with everything in the bottom case but my service manual (and a videos) I watched all had it as I have laid out in the picture (installed into the upside down top case)

Potato patatoe I am sure tho

I can’t be of much help as I have not progressed since this pic cause I had a bolt break off in the case and it’s been in the shop for 4 weeks waiting to have it removed.

But I will say that I started with everything in the bottom case but my service manual (and a videos) I watched all had it as I have laid out in the picture (installed into the upside down top case)

Potato patatoe I am sure tho
That’s frustrating. I hope you get it back soon. Broken bolts are super annoying.

Ended up putting it together upside down as the primary chain oil spray part stays in better that way. Just a bit fiddly with the gears/transmission so I did a few test runs without Honda bond until I was confident that it was all ok. Looking good now.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpeg
    IMG_0353.jpeg
    548.4 KB · Views: 44
Back