• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

93 cb750 airbox removal and pod filter setup

Youngfue

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1993 CB750 I'm in the process of removing the air box and installing 4 DNA XVI 5400 series pod filters. After removing the Airbox I am left with 3 hoses and I am not sure what needs to happen with those hoses at this point. I've seen so many builds where pod filters are used and I know some of the hoses in these pictures(attached) are breathers. Do I need to re route them? If so where? Or can I plug them. What have you guys done? I'm hoping I won't need any carb adjustments afterwards but im stuck until I can figure this out, thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 20211004_181428.jpg
    20211004_181428.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 20211004_181414.jpg
    20211004_181414.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 20211004_181320.jpg
    20211004_181320.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 20211004_181250.jpg
    20211004_181250.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 252
You do know your bike will run like junk without the airbox right? Honda uses CV carbs that require the vacuum made by the airbox to help raise the pucks inside of them. The airbox also helps regulates the amount of air going into the carbs, without the box the outer 2 carbs will get more air then the inner 2 because of vacuum created by the bikes design. There will also be a flat spot around 5 grand that a Nighthawk that still has it's box on will blow past you while your bike stumbles along until you back off the throttle! Still want to go to pods?

Your answer is not helpfull, we all know or we can guess why air box is there but I've seen so many builds and all of them with pods. So there must be a way to do this right way.

You do know your bike will run like junk without the airbox right? Honda uses CV carbs that require the vacuum made by the airbox to help raise the pucks inside of them. The airbox also helps regulates the amount of air going into the carbs, without the box the outer 2 carbs will get more air then the inner 2 because of vacuum created by the bikes design. There will also be a flat spot around 5 grand that a Nighthawk that still has it's box on will blow past you while your bike stumbles along until you back off the throttle! Still want to go to pods?
Of course I do I like the look of pods I am not able to find any other type of carbs that will bolt to a 93 year cb750 I've seen mikuni carbs but every one I have found online were designed for years much older than 93

Of course I do I like the look of pods I am not able to find any other type of carbs that will bolt to a 93 year cb750 I've seen mikuni carbs but every one I have found online were designed for years much older than 93
Did you get it right?

Check out MotorcycleMD's channel. He has a video titled Carburetor Tuning for Pod Filters and Exhaust : CB550. He gives you a basic foundation.

Unfortunately, you will have to put in the work with adjusting jets. Pods open up your intake. I'm guessing you'll change or already changed the exhaust.

So your engine has all this air now. You will need to get that A/F ratio on point to get that engine purring.

If I understand it correctly, you'll sacrifice power at high RPMs, but pods look sick brah. So I guess it comes down to how you'll be riding. If it makes you happy, I think the work is worth it.

Back