• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!
So, if you're restricting the airflow through the pods to get the bike to run right, what's the advantage over the stock air box other than appearance?
Another thing is, as an avid off roader, I'm not a big fan of those oiled cotton air filters like the K&N. Along with more air, they flow more dust, too. I ran a K&N element on my Harley for a while and when I removed it you could see dirt built up on the inlet side of the carb.
I like the looks of the bike though.

Mr. Old_Crow,
Thank for taking the time to reply and your cool input.
I can tell you that stock air boxes are getting harder to find, they cost so much if you can find a decent one.
This bike was a BarnFind and it was a mess.
Someone tried to turn it into a "HardTailHonda" DragBike as shown.
I don't know if the carbs were jetted or not but w/open exhaust & no air box I was attempting to prevent the runaway idle through a cheap fix.
I do agree with you about dirt building up in the filters.
I've seen a variety of external foam additions you can add to PODS not a big fan. I guess additional maintenance is the ticket to keep them clean.
I performing a Carb Synchro this weekend, if all goes well and get these carbs dialed in, I may add some very porous sponge material behind the SS SCREEN on the oval filters...
Enjoy the ongoing BikeSeason!!!

Last edited:
I didn't stop to consider that you might not have the stock air box. My bad.

Watch what kind of foam you put in there though. I had one of those Edelbrock triangular foam and wire mesh air cleaners on an old hot rod truck I had. I replaced the foam in the filter with some foam I had laying around. The gas fumes from the throat of the carburetor melted it about the 2nd time I drove it.

Great thought, thanx!!!
I will do a direct gas test on the foam but I'm also leaning toward a possible sponge material.

Back