• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

82 CB750F Rear fender elimination options?

82sfighter

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a 1982 CB750F that I am modding - I've owned the bike for 10+ years and have always disliked the upswept "sporty" rear tail-light and fender. I'm planning getting a cafe/brat type seat replacement from Texasvina or similar custom seat maker, but I need to eliminate the current rear cowl/fender and replace with something shorter and cleaner. I can't find any specific eliminator kits that are designed to fit the DOHC series - anyone have any suggestions or know of a "universal" kit that will fit?
Many thanks!

I have a 1982 CB750F that I am modding - I've owned the bike for 10+ years and have always disliked the upswept "sporty" rear tail-light and fender. I'm planning getting a cafe/brat type seat replacement from Texasvina or similar custom seat maker, but I need to eliminate the current rear cowl/fender and replace with something shorter and cleaner. I can't find any specific eliminator kits that are designed to fit the DOHC series - anyone have any suggestions or know of a "universal" kit that will fit?
Many thanks!
Doing the same but seem to like the look of the original seat on my '81 CB750C , but that fender and huge tail light has to go. Thing weighs at least 8lbs. I'm not wanting to cut anything at this time, but I'm thinking about using the existing fender boltholes to relocate new "smaller" tail lights and mount a licensce plate bracket. These brackets usually have a way to attach a brake light. Has anyone seen this setup while trying to keep the factory seat and not modifying the frame?

Start beating on metal

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_165607.jpg
    IMG_20211202_165607.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 125
Back