• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 CB750 Taillight Not Working

Lagrango

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Recently picked up a 1979 CB750K Anniversary edition. 6000 original miles hadn't been started in 10 years.

It had a big wind jammer faring on it that I took off. However, when they put it on I think they modified the electrical a little bit. (Not sure)

Well I got it all running, faring off, original headlight mount and headlight back on, wires in the headlight bucket, and wire put back together to the best of my ability.

Everything works except the horn and taillight. The bulb does not looked burned out. The turn signals work fine (however had to swap colored wires around to get them to blink on the same side correcttly)

I have some questions about some unconnected wires I have.

PXL_20220626_204951855.jpg

Here the the only wires left that didn't connect to anything. Notice the two double female green wires. I figured these we grounds. What you see plugged into them are the blinker grounds.

PXL_20220626_205042048.jpg

Here are my blinker connections. Notice I had to put the single blue with the double orange and the single orange with the double blue. I had to do this because the other way the front and rear blinkers would always blink opposite of each other. (i.e. back right and front left blinking at the same time) Also, I just threw the blinker grounds into the green double females. I was not sure if both blinker grounds should go in one of the greens double females. If so which one?

PXL_20220626_205050504.jpg

Here is my horn wires setup. I have tried a couple different wire combos for those.

I have checked the fuses and all fuses are good. Either way the blinkers, horn, and taillight are all in one fuse and the blinkers work.

Here are the fuses:
PXL_20220626_210703833.jpg

Here is the rear bulb:
PXL_20220626_210810415.jpg

PXL_20220626_210835375.jpg

Did you multimeter test the shown bulb for continuity or try a fresh bulb? Or test for power/V at the bulb socket (with) light turned on....

Last edited:
Let us know how that goes.....I look at the easier options first.;)....
Also wire colors sometimes change depending on what people have on hand.....really need to trace (which you might have done....)

Back