• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'79 750L Carb Re-build Kit

Randakk's if they still do them or Mike Nixon at the Motorcycle Project website but both are expensive. To get fine quality float needles instead of the Chinese crap stuff. If they put ethanol in your local fuel and you are having flooding issues they will likely continue, open carbs to air like on motorcycles will act up on a regular basis with ethanol, it messes the needles up. The only way is to drive them every day, when they sit bad things happen in as little as a few days.

Thank you, sir. I don't use fuel with ethanol, however, assume that in the life of a 40+ year old motorcycle that I've owned for only 2 years, it probably had ethanol fuel at one time. Will check your references. Any comments on several suppliers from Canada....Parts N More, vintagecb750.com, cb750supply.com, david silver?

Randakk's has rebuild kits, but don't include jet needles. He recommends re-using the originals as they are better quality. Carbs may have been rebuilt by previous owner, and not sure what they used. Guess I'll find out eventually.

PartsNMore are Chinese parts and likely the others too. Unless they specifically say they are not. I have used them but the needle tips are what bite, ethanol swells them and they also stick from drying up since ethanol dries up in bowls like 10X faster.

Pretty hard to get needles and I never have had to change them. Dynojet added 'race' needles to their kits but they are crap and I don't use them. If the needles flop loose like supposed to they do not wear enough to change.

Beware of non-Keihin jets, they are often marked wrong and will not flow the same as OEM. I use Honda or Keihin jets, needles, and float needles only and add other maker carb kit parts around them.

Assuming you know that basically any early DOHC 750 kit will work right? K, F, SC. C, all the same but for possible minor jets. 30 mm. carb. The plastic non-adjustable floats will interchange with the metal bendable ones. Just make all four the same. And remove the aircuts, saves money and runs better.

Back