• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 750 k want to switch to comstars from spokes what will work.

mmaki525

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Newbie here I just picked up a 79 cb 750 k with wire wheels but I like the look of comstars what wheels from what years would be a direct fit.

Likely on the '79 that early ('80) 750 Custom with single front disc will work but back drum wheel may be a different tire size.

Axle should be the same might have to change around some brake components but wouldn't be hard, I have a set of reverse comstars I'm selling also.

731ef57095aed44168c8da1b3b1ddbfa.jpg

These are reverse comstars

Yes should be a pretty straight forward swap I'm in the process of switching from 1980 750k to 750f reverse comstars and just have to swap out some brake components

Yes should be a pretty straight forward swap I'm in the process of switching from 1980 750k to 750f reverse comstars and just have to swap out some brake components
Hey Budd.. some years later and it seems I'm trying the same thing. If you're still around would like to know how you went with this wheel swop. Which brake parts needed changing? cheers

Hey Budd.. some years later and it seems I'm trying the same thing. If you're still around would like to know how you went with this wheel swop. Which brake parts needed changing? cheers
FWIW I know CX500 owners use the front wheel off a 1978/9 DOHC K for a comstar to wire conversion...the opposite of what you are planning....that may be an option.....

FWIW I know CX500 owners use the front wheel off a 1978/9 DOHC K for a comstar to wire conversion...the opposite of what you are planning....that may be an option.....
Thanks man. I’ve seen the cx500 have dual disc brakes up front whereas the DOHC K’s only have single. Think it should be straight swop

Thanks man. I’ve seen the cx500 have dual disc brakes up front whereas the DOHC K’s only have single. Think it should be straight swop
If interested i can link/message a description of the mods cx owners needed....not a direct bolt- on swap...additional spaces from memory....
Maybe look at that to get a idea....

If interested i can link/message a description of the mods cx owners needed....not a direct bolt- on swap...additional spaces from memory....
Maybe look at that to get a idea....
Thanks buddy a link is never a bad thing to have and save 👌🏻 Would appreciate that.

Back