• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

750 drag bike in progress

Motor is in! Just about got everything hooked up, need some unexpected carb parts that I will have to order but going to try and rig it to get it started tomorrow. Will try to get a video with some decent sound...not going to guarantee anything though:rolleyes:

I agree the 750 motor is the best sounding motor out there. Times hopefully to come in about a month when the local track opens for the year. IF I can get this thing finished by then!

DSC01424.JPG Wheelie bars on, carbs working decent, just a couple of minor things and it is ready for some test and tune. Local track opens this coming sunday so with any luck I will be ready to see how it runs.

You got it looking good! If you never used wheelie bars before you need to take it slow. the times will get better. I'm thinking low 11 to high 10 at about 120 when you get it all dial in.

Our local track is only 1/8 mile so my top speed will not be too high. Agreed there will be a learning curve!

Not sure how much you know about drag strips, but there are several clocks along the length of the track. The 60 foot clock measures from when you break the beam to 60 feet down the track. There are also clocks at 330, 660, 1000, 1320 (if quarter mile). it means that from a dead stop you went 60 feet in 1.45 seconds.

Not sure how much you know about drag strips, but there are several clocks along the length of the track. The 60 foot clock measures from when you break the beam to 60 feet down the track. There are also clocks at 330, 660, 1000, 1320 (if quarter mile).
Not much, just who wins lol I figured that's what it meant, but I figured the "s" after 60 meant seconds, which completely confused me lol

Well we are in a winter storm warning with 12+ inches on the way so no test and tune this weekend:mad: This was going to be the opening weekend for our track. Good news is I still have some things to button up on the bike and now I have another weekend to work on it so I guess it worked out.

The update is....there is no update. The weather is killing me this spring. First race of the year cancelled because of 12"+ snow, second race of the year cancelled because of non stop T storms dumping 4" or more at a time. We are getting hit about every 2 to 3 days with more rain, all of our lakes and streams are full and above flood stage, been very bad for flooding around here. That being said, I work road construction and the rain is killing our work making it so I have to work Saturdays so haven't been able to get to the track for the last two races. Still hoping the weather will straighten out and I will make it to some races. I did a short run down a couple of streets and trying to figure out an issue I am having with the CR33 carbs I have....something is amiss with the tuning as it is very rich in the middle...have a new set of needles coming as I think they may not be the right ones. Think I am going to have to go all Street Outlaw and do some test hits on the streets! Second motor is now finally coming together after waiting for ever for machine work to get done. Sorry for no track updates...really tired of rain, thinking about moving to the desert!

Back