• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'71 CB750 K1 Replacement pipes... what to do.

cb750Downunder

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi,

First time here, thought I would ask some experts' advice on a dilemma I have with my gorgeous '71 CB750. It's an all original bike, but has a 4-into-1 exhaust that I am looking to replace. I am looking to potentially sell the bike in future (I have a few of them), and wanted to know what the best option would be to retain the most value later on. A) Do I pay $3k for Original HM300 set? B) Buy replacement HM300 set from David Silver Spares for $1.5k? C) Do I use original HM341 pipes for $1k? or D) Do I use reprod HM341 pipes?

Obviously the HM300 pipes would be ideal, but I'm just not sure whether the investment is worth it. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi,

First time here, thought I would ask some experts' advice on a dilemma I have with my gorgeous '71 CB750. It's an all original bike, but has a 4-into-1 exhaust that I am looking to replace. I am looking to potentially sell the bike in future (I have a few of them), and wanted to know what the best option would be to retain the most value later on. A) Do I pay $3k for Original HM300 set? B) Buy replacement HM300 set from David Silver Spares for $1.5k? C) Do I use original HM341 pipes for $1k? or D) Do I use reprod HM341 pipes?

Obviously the HM300 pipes would be ideal, but I'm just not sure whether the investment is worth it. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Can you get HM300 reproduction pipes I thought Only HM341s were available ???
I too have a gorgeous 1971 K1 in Candy red it has HM300s that are fair to good the rest of the bike is pretty much pristine but HM300s flow and sound so sweet!

Back