• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 cb750k

Clinte89

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a cb750k that the carbs are locked up solid. The bike has sat for 32 or so years and so I need to rebuild them, is there any good kits other than Randakk? What should I soak them in to loosen them up? For seized cylinders I use diesel and atf. Would that work on these?

Did bike sit outside all this time, as that is pretty unusual. And need to ascertain whether you are talking about the butterflies or the slides themselves, either or both bad enough and the carbs are junk. If carbs like that the engine itself is suspect as well. Does IT turn over?

Look at left hand carb and the round 2 bolt cover on its' outside, there's a rubber valve under it that soaking will ruin and one on each carb. Those valves are pretty expensive.

Depends on whether the throttle shafts are stuck or the actual butterflies in bore, the latter are extremely sensitive to clearance and any corrosion at all may have carb where it cannot idle as only thousandths of an inch opening there, corrosion will wreck that.

Requires breaking the carb bank apart to see which one(s) is messed up and that makes you remove at least one choke plate off each shaft to get them apart to get to the valves too. Choke plates are staked and the stake points need grinding off or else it ruins the choke shafts there.

Back