• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 CB750 Limited Tires

BB74

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to order a set of Kenda Sport Challenger K657 tires for my bike. 130/90-17 for the rear and 100/90-19 for the front.

The ones on now are 4.50/85H-17 and a 3.50H19

Has anyone fitted these Kenda tires? Is there a different tire that people are using with good results on these bikes?

Thanks

I bought the Dunlop D404 as well. Did a lot of searching and didn't find a matching set with OEM inch sizes.

Nice one. I was looking for what to put on my 79 and couldn't find much info on the web. How are you finding them?
My limited has brand new tires from 2011 on it. They are Avons and I really liked the look of them. However, all the online places seem to be out of stock on the Avons in the sizes I need.
I've decided to go back to the Kenda Cruisers that I used to run on my Hondas and lighter Harleys before I got into the big HD baggers. I've found the sizes I need at Dennis Kirk and also American Moto TIre.
I've got a gift card I got for Christmas from my work which I will be using in the next few days. My metric sizes are 130/90/17 rear and 100/90/19 front. The conversion charts call for a 120 on the rear, but the bike has a 130 now and there's plenty of clearance for the chain and swing arm.

My limited has brand new tires from 2011 on it. They are Avons and I really liked the look of them. However, all the online places seem to be out of stock on the Avons in the sizes I need.
I've decided to go back to the Kenda Cruisers that I used to run on my Hondas and lighter Harleys before I got into the big HD baggers. I've found the sizes I need at Dennis Kirk and also American Moto TIre.
I've got a gift card I got for Christmas from my work which I will be using in the next few days. My metric sizes are 130/90/17 rear and 100/90/19 front. The conversion charts call for a 120 on the rear, but the bike has a 130 now and there's plenty of clearance for the chain and swing arm.
Nice one. Good to know the 130 fits on the rear.

I have had the Dunlop 404 on for 600 miles or so. Had the equivalent on my HD for many miles. They perform well for cruising and occasional spirited driving. I am by no means a peg dragging sport driver. LOL

Back