• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 CB750 K (DOHC) jetting

Higgins420

CB750 New member
Reaction score
hi, im finally coming to the end of a build that has been going for quite some time now. the whole bike has been stripped and rebuild from the ground up and im finally at the stage of starting it up for the first time :)
the whole engine and exhaust system is standard, but it has a set of 32mm mikuni's on it because we wanted to run pods (i belive the carbs were originally on an FZR 600).
any way at the moment the jetting is as follows...

MAIN - 107.5
STARTER JET (CHOKE) - 52.5
PILOT - 35

now i gave it a go yesterday, and it didnt even try to start, i pulled one of the plugs and im getting a spark it is abit weak so im goin to try another set of coils tomorrow.
when i turned it over with the plug out there was a faint smell of petrol from the cylinder but it didnt seem like theres nearly enough petrol getting into the cylinder :/ my first thought was to buy the next 2 or 3 sizes up on the pilot and starter jets.
ive been told that the needle jets may be abit small, so i was wondering, before i go ahead and get bigger needle jets i wondered if raising the needle would help?

has anyone else on here had a similar situation ? if so any info would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
josh.
Modify message

Back