• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 cb 750 limited, need carb help

sporty982000

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Rebuilt the carbs, bikes been sittin 4 years, new owner to the bike.
can get to idle, 16,1800, rpm. Release clutch, try take off, dies . 1/2 throttle up, is fine.
Tried idle adjustment. no resolve.
Air, fuel mixture screws. I have tried from 3/4 out to 1.5 out, ive tried 2 turns out also. On each carb. Air filter good. In air box.
68 and 100 jet. Carbs not sinked, but very close butterrfly, all same.
What to look at, im missing ? I dont have a manual. That, 1500 to 2500 rpm is the issue. For take off and at idle, throttle twist. 3,000 on up seems fine.

You will find just like most others that you commonly may have to clean carbs up to 4 times to get them right. They require ABSOLUTE attention to detail in every part of the idle circuits from one end to the other. If you didn't break the carb bank up into 4 separate carbs you did not nearly do it right.

And may not be carbs at all if a compression check not run first, the bikes never got valves set because of how to do it, the shops didn't even do it, only collecting money for work not done. Not setting them they burn valves faster than lightning.

It's a shame you are not giving your brilliant advice any more been reading your posts your knowledge is unbelievable and I'm dam sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. AMC49 I wish you all the best for your future.🇬🇧🇭🇲🇺🇲

Back